FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys.

k..my SPI has been in for almost a month now and runs pretty good. Except the fact that right after I turn the car off it will drip coolant and it comes down the lower rad hose. I checked to see if the hose was on all the way and it appears to be. Heres a weird problem. When the coolant gets low enough to put the "Check Coolant" light on it will no longer drip when I turn the car off. I would assume this could be something to do with the fact that maybe its low enough its not going to leak or anything

Anyone think this is the waterpump. The SPI has low mileage. Not super low but 137Kilometers. I think over the next couple weeks i'm gunna do the Waterpump and the Timing belt and maybe a new lower rad hose.

I would just like to know what you guys think?

Thanks...John

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Take the cover off the timing belt and you will be able to see if the coolant is seeping out. When mine went out on the 1.9 it dripped straight down off the crank pulley, but I suppose it could run down the rad hose too. It could also just be the hose, and the reason it stops leaking when the check light comes on is because the level is below or at the lever of the waterpump. I would first just try to replace the hose and make sure it's clamped nicely to see if that's the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts