FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i've been having to change my waterpump on my 91 EGT every winter as soon as it gets cold out. I don't know if its the parts or if its the parts store. (AdvancedAutoJunk). Can anyone give me tips please. this is getting old :mad: .. Also there this little pump up under my intake manifold that i replaced and the dont make a gasket for. what does the pump do and how can i keep it from leaking? Thanks.. g Hines

· Registered
1,100 Posts
deriveter valve is under the intake and they do make a gasket for it.

I got in a head gasket kit I bought from AM-autoparts.com

http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Gaskets/ ... -38184692/ and all of those gaskets are good I have used 2 sets on my car and 1 set on 91JEGT's car and both our cars still run great and don't leak

plus cheap with free shipping.

not sure about the water pump issue, are you scraping ALL the old gasket material off the block? torquing it to the correct specs? just common things that do get overlooked no matter who does the work.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
the IAC is on the bottom of the throttle body itself, and that gasket I have never found, the valve in the middle of the intake on the under side is the deriveter valve and they do make a gasket for that. I just use some silicone on the IAC and have never had an issue with it leaking or vacuum leaks, idk what that deriveter valve does but it's there. silicone and tighten them screws up tight that should make a good enough gasket on either the IAC or deriveter valve.

:)

· Registered
6,057 Posts
i'm guessing the OP isn't using a water pump sealant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.