FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vj-20 left...and vj20 bb hybrid right, notice any difference?

I have the hybrid installed, they both start to boost at the same rpm, but the hybrid has way more oomph up top, less lag between gears also due to bbearings

·
Registered
465 Posts
I read your details in the Turbo Club thread

I must say, I'm jealous man. You have a helluva setup. I'll be gradually working towards a setup like yours. Good job.

oh yea, HOLY TURBO 8O

·
Registered
465 Posts
btw, did you have a shop put that compressor side on it?

or did you do it yourself? if so, is it difficult?

and what is it? T3? T4?

thanks bud

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it from mysta316, he works at corksport, and they built the turbo. Its either a t3 or a t4 cold side, I cant remeber though. once I get the car finished late this winter or early spring Ill get some pics up of the whole car. Its going to be pretty sweet inside and out....Im redoing the interior now making fiberglass panels and dash, and console, as well as rear inner quarterpanels that will be housing some diamond audio mids and maybe a sub in the back but I want to see how the bass turns out on the mids first.........not bad for a daily driver :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
OlyScortGT_93 said:
Do you have to make an adapter plate or what? What all is involved in making a hybrid turbo, now I'm curious..
I'm guessing since the hotside is still the VJ20, the mounting should still be the same.

insight anyone?

·
Registered
465 Posts
how much would corksport charge for a hybrid like that?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
butdear god think of the added power.. it'll pull as high as you can spin the engine, it'll boost 25psi and drop your ETs by a second!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
when i first opened the page i said. man that looks like my old turbo. "glad to see its on a car."

there $1300 bucks. but worth it if you want a turbo that bolts to your a manifold that bolts to your head. and makes tons of power.
you would spend more then that on a turbo and custom manifold if you did a different turbo. That turbo is good for 27psi. and i did not even get to try it that high. I only did 19psi on it because my slicks were to small and i would just burn them all the way down the track.

with 19psi on street tires you can down shift at about 60mph and chirp the tires. :D

I do miss the days of playing with Vets and Vipers on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
PonyExpress said:
butdear god think of the added power.. it'll pull as high as you can spin the engine, it'll boost 25psi and drop your ETs by a second!
not on street tires. thats a slicks only turbo with anything more then 12psi. and thats not even trying for that guy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts