FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep I drove an hour and a half to pick up the VJ-20 from an MX3 guy who didnt want to do the turbo setup anymore! so he was selling his turbo and GTX Manifold!! both for $580 CAD! SO someone buy my VJ-11 it's clean and rebuilt!! (someone in the GTA would be good) SO after we weld in the new rad support since my other one was fucked after the accident it will be time to swap!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
customescortgt said:
yep I drove an hour and a half to pick up the VJ-20 from an MX3 guy who didnt want to do the turbo setup anymore! so he was selling his turbo and GTX Manifold!! both for $580 CAD! SO someone buy my VJ-11 it's clean and rebuilt!! (someone in the GTA would be good) SO after we weld in the new rad support since my other one was **** after the accident it will be time to swap!!
Good thing you took picts of my install... :lol:

If you have any questions of the install and what you will need by way of hoses and connectors, let me know... :)

MrVermin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea Verm I will probably need a few tips on somethings! but I got all the lines and shit it all came with it so all i basicly need is where the hell to find a GTX ECU?? or similar!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
customescortgt said:
yea Verm I will probably need a few tips on somethings! but I got all the lines and **** it all came with it so all i basicly need is where the hell to find a GTX ECU?? or similar!
Well, a few things...

You will need to either get an adjustable fuel Pressure Regulator and custom plumb it into the fuel rail, or get a JDM or Euro GTX/GTR Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Same goes for the ECU. You can go with the Apexi S-AFC II, or a full stand alone unit, or you can find a JDM/Euro spec GTX ECU. I am going for the JDM GTX ECU. There are a few places to find these. Mostly on the following web pages/forums

Australian Ford Laser Forums

323 gtx/gtr Owners Club UK

Try these, and expect to pay about $250 CDN for the ECU plus shipping.. Unless you get a really good deal.. :)

Later.
MrVermin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,792 Posts
mrvermin said:
customescortgt said:
yea Verm I will probably need a few tips on somethings! but I got all the lines and **** it all came with it so all i basicly need is where the hell to find a GTX ECU?? or similar!
Well, a few things...

You will need to either get an adjustable fuel Pressure Regulator and custom plumb it into the fuel rail, or get a JDM or Euro GTX/GTR Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Later.
MrVermin
Where do some of you people get your info from?

BTW, there is a guy that has done a Turbo BP motor useing a B6T ECU and wireing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Onegimp said:
Where do some of you people get your info from?

BTW, there is a guy that has done a Turbo BP motor useing a B6T ECU and wireing.
Hmmm....

I sit corrected. I was told that you would have to rewire the harness in order to make use of the B6T ECU, while the BPT ECU is just plug in with no rewiring of the harness...

If you have, and can send me the pinouts for the B6T ECU, I may be able to pull it off...

MrVermin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,792 Posts
mrvermin said:
Onegimp said:
Where do some of you people get your info from?

BTW, there is a guy that has done a Turbo BP motor useing a B6T ECU and wireing.
Hmmm....

I sit corrected. I was told that you would have to rewire the harness in order to make use of the B6T ECU, while the BPT ECU is just plug in with no rewiring of the harness...

If you have, and can send me the pinouts for the B6T ECU, I may be able to pull it off...

MrVermin
I said he used the B6T ECU and Wireing. Ran strong to. He lives about an hour away from me and a friend of mine road in his car. Very impressive. This was in a 323 with a turbo BP. The motors are kinda sorta simalar so you can get away with useing the B6T ECU on a BP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Onegimp said:
I said he used the B6T ECU and Wireing. Ran strong to. He lives about an hour away from me and a friend of mine road in his car. Very impressive. This was in a 323 with a turbo BP. The motors are kinda sorta simalar so you can get away with useing the B6T ECU on a BP.
Since he is in a 323, using the B6T ECU on the BPT is fine, he would not have to rewire the car. The problem is that the B6T ECU does not have the same wireing configuration on the harness as the EGT, while the BPT does, thereby eliminating the need to rewire the harness.

I have talked with many on the Australian Laser forums as well as the 323GTX/GTR UK forums, as well as Chris from Corksport and they all told me the same thing. Use the BPT (JDM BP26 or Euro GTX) ECU and it just plugs right into the existing harness.

just emparting what I know and heard from others. If there is another way, I am open to suggestions...

MrVermin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,792 Posts
I haven't seen the 2 ECU's side by side. I might have a B6T ECU pin out still on one of my computers. Wouldn't suprise me if they were almost identical.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top