FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
Yes they work...

and Jeff Congratulations on boostinga 1.9er over 200HP. That is very impressive. All you need now is a 3inch exhasut and better management and your gunna be higher.

That car must be a blast to drive.

John
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,414 Posts
If the video doesn't play, just change the extension to WMV
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,623 Posts
Looks real good jeff... did you get the intake pipe accordian thing replaced with something that can hold the boost?

Any chance I can bug you for a parts listing of the project? I'm curious as to what you used.
 

· Administrator
Joined
·
9,399 Posts
JohnScort said:
All you need now is a 3inch exhasut and better management and your gunna be higher.
like me?

were boosting the same pressures.. i wonder what my numbers are with 9.7:1
 

· Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
JohnScort said:
Yes they work...

and Jeff Congratulations on boostinga 1.9er over 200HP. That is very impressive. All you need now is a 3inch exhasut and better management and your gunna be higher.

That car must be a blast to drive.

John
HOLY CRAP!!!! NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE 212WHP, BUT YOU HAVE 262 FT-LBS OF TORQUE AT THE FRONT WHEELS!!!!!! HOLY TURBO, BATMAN!!!!! I ALMOST WANT A TURBO'D SPI NOW! That's roughly the equivalent to 244 crank hp, and 301 crank ft-lbs. CONGRATS!!!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
thescortgt said:
JohnScort said:
Yes they work...

and Jeff Congratulations on boostinga 1.9er over 200HP. That is very impressive. All you need now is a 3inch exhasut and better management and your gunna be higher.

That car must be a blast to drive.

John
HOLY CRAP!!!! NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE 212WHP, BUT YOU HAVE 262 FT-LBS OF TORQUE AT THE FRONT WHEELS!!!!!! HOLY TURBO, BATMAN!!!!! I ALMOST WANT A TURBO'D SPI NOW! That's roughly the equivalent to 244 crank hp, and 301 crank ft-lbs. CONGRATS!!!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!!!
Where have you been the last few weeks?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Pipanski said:
thescortgt said:
JohnScort said:
Yes they work...

and Jeff Congratulations on boostinga 1.9er over 200HP. That is very impressive. All you need now is a 3inch exhasut and better management and your gunna be higher.

That car must be a blast to drive.

John
HOLY CRAP!!!! NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE 212WHP, BUT YOU HAVE 262 FT-LBS OF TORQUE AT THE FRONT WHEELS!!!!!! HOLY TURBO, BATMAN!!!!! I ALMOST WANT A TURBO'D SPI NOW! That's roughly the equivalent to 244 crank hp, and 301 crank ft-lbs. CONGRATS!!!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!!!
Where have you been the last few weeks?
SPACIN OUT
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,414 Posts
JohnScort said:
marclar said:
JohnScort said:
All you need now is a 3inch exhasut and better management and your gunna be higher.
like me?

were boosting the same pressures.. i wonder what my numbers are with 9.7:1
9.7:1 what the heck are you running. Do you have just an SPI with a shaved head.

John
He most certianly does.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WANAGOFAST said:
Maybe its the sound quality,but the engine sounded like it had so much more to give.... Does it? :twisted:
Third gear at low RPM's off boost building into boost does'nt sound to impresstive. On the street going threw the gears sounds different. First gear just instantly jumps to 7 grand, and if I keep the boost up second gear will stay lit and first part of 3rd to. I gave 92sport a ride before I parked it for the winter, he'll tell you it's different sounding on the street then on the dyno.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
You still have stock tires, right? How hard is it to take off fast w/out just sitting there roasting them? I don't mean for it to sound like Im asking is it worth it to have that much power, but is traction a really big problem?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,414 Posts
You could always turn the boost down if you just roast them. :wink:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pipanski said:
You still have stock tires, right? How hard is it to take off fast w/out just sitting there roasting them? I don't mean for it to sound like Im asking is it worth it to have that much power, but is traction a really big problem?
I cant boost in first. It like driving on ice.
I have 205/50 15 Nitto's.
If I shift fast into second and keep the boost up, second gear will also stay lit. If I shift slow into second and let the boost settle down, I can keep traction untill the boost hit's about 15-16psi, then they loose traction again.
Good times 8)
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top