FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone here with the BP motor has talked about where it opens, and how to open it earlier. Well i might have found a way but im not entirely sure, i have pics of what i did, when i open the throttle slowly the vics stays closed but on WOT it opens fast

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha i've driven it, it doesnt have the kick at 4500 but it feels like it has more response to it, im thinking its not working to well because the ecu itsnt reading the sensor, im going to put the sensor back in

· Registered
1,117 Posts
so you ran the vacuum line from the intake straight to the VICS solenoid?

I did that once and drove it, noticed far less lower rpm power, no change in upper. just leave the VICS controller hooked up, I've played with different configurations and the VICS controller the way it's supposed to be is the best way as you found out, the computer hates any changes to any systems and is VERY picky. also found out from real experience ha ha.

I thought VICS open at 4500? I know I feel the kick in mine a bit above 4,000. and hear it!

· Registered
605 Posts
old topic i know but what if we used a RPM Window switch to kick the solenoid in just a bit lower than 4200 maybe around 2500 to 3000 rpm
use a switch with a rotary dial so that it's adjustable.

just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.