FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an LX-E (1.8L Mazda) with an automatic trans.

The car is VERY slow under acceleration, unless I shift into low. Then is fast until I run out of gear and have to shift into drive.

It feels like the car is either not starting in 1st, or is staring in first and quickly upshifting before i get any good acceleration.

If i start in low and shift to drive, it seams like the car is shifting straight from 1 to 3.

I think that it is a problem with the kickdown, but the kickdown seems to be working properly until the cable enters into the trans (cannot see it after that). I replaced the speed sensor twice, and the speedo does work.

I have started to run out of ideas, and am looking for some help... Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
AJRacing_Tony said:
Hi,

I have an LX-E (1.8L Mazda) with an automatic trans.

The car is VERY slow under acceleration, unless I shift into low. Then is fast until I run out of gear and have to shift into drive.

It feels like the car is either not starting in 1st, or is staring in first and quickly upshifting before i get any good acceleration.

If i start in low and shift to drive, it seams like the car is shifting straight from 1 to 3.

I think that it is a problem with the kickdown, but the kickdown seems to be working properly until the cable enters into the trans (cannot see it after that). I replaced the speed sensor twice, and the speedo does work.

I have started to run out of ideas, and am looking for some help... Thanks!
Did you change out your spark plugs and check fuel injectors?

·
Registered
85 Posts
EscorGo said:
Not sure what spark plugs and injectors have to do with it (?)
You might start by changing the fluid and trans filter. I'm no trans expert and I don't play one on TV
Loss of power...

go take out one of your spark plugs and tell me the difference ;)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
ivianny said:
EscorGo said:
Not sure what spark plugs and injectors have to do with it (?)
You might start by changing the fluid and trans filter. I'm no trans expert and I don't play one on TV
Loss of power...

go take out one of your spark plugs and tell me the difference ;)
Read the post again. He is talking about a shift problem.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
he's talking about what he thinks is a shifting problem but isnt sure.. so i wouldnt count anything out at this time.

if the plugs are heavily worn, the large plug gap can cause a huge loss of power.

·
Registered
85 Posts
PonyExpress said:
he's talking about what he thinks is a shifting problem but isnt sure.. so i wouldnt count anything out at this time.

if the plugs are heavily worn, the large plug gap can cause a huge loss of power.
thank you.

anything is possible and i know that spark plugs COULD cause a problem as ive seen it personally on more than one occasion and fixed a few cars that ONLY needed spark plugs with the loss of power.

And Escorgo I know i have a low post count but if i DO post i have some knowledge behind what im talking about not like you who thinks he knows it all ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts