FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i dont have a job and inbetween 100 bucks a month for insurance and 40+ bucks a month for gas for my hog, i kinda dont have any play money, but now my old boss hired me on for the week and at 9 bucks an hour puttin in about an 8 hour day for about 6 days. and if my calculator works correct thats 432 (then subtract money for the friggin taxes) so like 400 bucks then 200 for the sale of my paintball gun so ill be able to buy new short travel struts with the dropzone coilovers im getting. Im SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well generally if you make less than a certain amount (15k or so I think) they don't tax it very heavily. Meaning that if you're a student or something making about 100 a week flipping burgers that they won't tax it as much. And if you make less than a thousand in an entire year then they probably don't even tax it at all...

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I make about 1300-1700 a month and they tax my one paycheck roughly 15-16% every week. my other check it depends because I don't make the same amount every two weeks. but damn 4 percent? I want to be in your tax bracket :p

·
Registered
618 Posts
I make about $2,500 per month, but after these deductions:

Federal Taxes - ~145
Soc Security - ~100
Medicare - ~25
State Taxes - ~45
Life Insurance - 20

I only get to take home about $2,150 a month. And with a wife, daughter, rent, auto insurance, groceries, utilities, and other bills, that's really not too much left over for me.

Anyway, just thought I'd join in and see how I do against my fellow FEOA members.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
that's really not too harsh rellimpk...my parents (both teachers) lose about %50 (or more) of their pay to various taxes before they see any of it. my mom's part time, i dunno exactly what she's making, and I'd guess that my dad makes roughly $50K gross a year ($25K net). and this is Cnd. I'm not sure he even makes that much.
I'm currently making about $2100 a month, i lose about 10-15% to taxes. but i have no expenses except fuel for the Scort, so it's pretty good :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bah...here in Quebec...we pay a lot of tax !!! My parent together earned 60 000..but after the tax: 35 000 is maybe a little over!
But lucky me..i'm a student so I don't pay those tax..well I do but i received a check with the amount that i paid :p And also.. I make about 300 per week with assurance, permit, gaz, internet, loan, and a lot on beer :p

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey system, I live in quebec too... where are you located? I live in gatineau right next to ottawa.

Yeah those dawm taxes, I just got a new job as a Computer technitian and i make 1600$ biweekly but after the taxes i only have 1000$... That sucks but i can't really complain with that salary at my age.

Im glad to see im not the only Quebecois here...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
leave it to tito to steal my thunder... insted of what kinda setup are you getting its dude i wish i was a broke ass like you so i wouldnt have all of my money raped from me. ats cool though and yess i am very poor i bring home about 1500 (plus or minus) taxed dollars each year for the past 2 years and because of that i dont have very much taken from me and i get every penny back at the end of the year :D sucks to be rich dont it??? (dont answer that because all of you that posted on this make more in a month than i do in a year)

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
sethxtreme said:
well not to be rude and but in, BUT i never know how much ill make, all i do is deliver pizzas. So it can be 50 a week, to 300+ a week.
Yeah that's why i decided I didn't want to be a delivery boy when I started at this pizza place...I got a steady income, and I'm making a quarter more than the delivery guys, and a quarter more than pretty much everyone else there :D

...but each delivery they make another 75 cents plus tips (I've seen this one guy run out 25 miles and they just said thanks and slammed th door in his face...he was pissed off bad) They only make about 10 runs a night (a BUSY night). so that's an extra 7.50 plus tips. not a lot of cash if you ask me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts