FEOA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GERRR what a bad day... my local shop is booked so they couldnt mount my tires to my GT slicers. so i find anouther shop. i get them mounted. I get home and i started to change wheels (from steelies to slicers ;-) ) i get the two rear ones done and i go to the front.. little difficult. so i start jumping on the breaker bar to get the lugs off..... SNAP.... good bye stud.

so i drive the thing very gentally down to the shop where they schedual'd its fix on monday, the guy said he'd try to squeese it in if he can. so im like okay what ever.

so i get home and use the crapper. then i realise god hates me. the chain in the toilet breaks and i cant find my backup system (toilet bowl brush). so in with the arm i go.

TODAY SUCK

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and not to mention some how i royally fucked up a gentoo install.

on a good note tho. Ford is bringing back tha yamaha V8s to the ford 500s and other p2 chassis based cars

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Well, I don't know what u meant by a gentoo install. And well, as for the toilet thing, you can normally just open the back and pick up the little piece so that it will flush. You don't have to stick ur hand in the toilet.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
dcorwin822 said:
on a good note tho. Ford is bringing back tha yamaha V8s to the ford 500s and other p2 chassis based cars
Where'd you find that out? I was looking for info like that, because I like the 500 but I think it needs more power. A sport model would be nice too. Can you describe this Yamaha engine, as in some specs?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now needs suspension --- pissed

well back to the venting

car will NOT pass inspection

apperemtly the rear coils are SHOT.... now im pissed cause there charging me 300 for the rears if i want it fixed.

any one got any input on good rears or front & rear combos for cheap? or under 300?

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
get some form someone on here that have swapped the stockers for lowering springs. Gurantee it will be ALOT cheaper than $300

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Are you just replacing the rear springs with OEM equivalent?

I wrote a how-to the other day (well actually it was for the struts, but it's the same game).

It's a very simple DIY job. Springs are not expensive. You could do this yourself in an afternoon for $80 Canadian or so.

Find the How-To. Don't pay some moron $300 to do this job. Drive it to my place and I'll do it for a case of beer.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
highanddry said:
Are you just replacing the rear springs with OEM equivalent?

I wrote a how-to the other day (well actually it was for the struts, but it's the same game).

It's a very simple DIY job. Springs are not expensive. You could do this yourself in an afternoon for $80 Canadian or so.

Find the How-To. Don't pay some moron $300 to do this job. Drive it to my place and I'll do it for a case of beer.
and then you can take pictures, and tell us where he lives.... If he tells you to go in the basement to put the case of beer in the fridge, be afraid... be very afraid.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
highanddry said:
^^^

Got tricked into going down to the basement once himself.

C'mon, you had to see that one coming too.
yup, but the little green strap-on beast never saw the shovel comin.....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow now... i was thinking of drop zones but ... i dont know how my insurance co would like the idea. im just gonna go to the junkers and get stock (used) springs and struts put them on and say fuck it.

also any one know how much PSI should go into 195/60-15s?

·
Registered
301 Posts
No, sidewall gives you max psi before they go kabooom

the tire sticker on the door sometimes gives you that info. If that's missing, 32 psi is a good number.

and flat out, your insurance company shouldn't care whether you have it lowered or not unless you tell them.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, sidewall gives you max psi before they go kabooom
thats what i thought.. eh oh well.

the tire sticker on the door sometimes gives you that info. If that's missing, 32 psi is a good number.
tires look funny with 32 psi in em look almost flat :p im wonderin if the actual rubber size make them need more psi.

and flat out, your insurance company shouldn't care whether you have it lowered or not unless you tell them.
i read back on the erdt form that if the insurance co sees lowering springs they can get outa helping u out cause they make the car "unsafe" or somthing like that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If your accident is caused by the fact that you forgot to tighten the bolts and the strut fails, or you didn't bother to have the alignment checked, yes they can. It depends on the accident, the insurance company, and a whole lot of variables like the nature of the accident. If you're rearended at a stop sign by a school bus, they're not going to even look at your car cause it's not your fault. however if the struts are damaged, more then likely, they're going to put OEM parts back on unless you told them they were there to begin with and had them appraised. Then your insurance will go up too because you increased the value of your car and it's been modified from stock, in their eyes anyways.

Flat out, if insurance companies want to deny your claim, they can. They've got better lawyers, more loopholes, and are determined to make money.

[rant] Betwen them and banks, these are good investment oppurtunities cause they're the only ones out there really making money ... granted they're stealing it from us, but hey, it's called profits. [/rant]

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
already got the car back.. hosed them down with some wd-40 to help them from rusting together again. I doubt that will work though. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts