FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue when I try to shift the vent selector away from the vents directed at face level to the front defroster vents, the defroster vents are not engaged. Anyone run into this issue before? Know how to fix it?

1991 GT

·
Registered
15,343 Posts
Yes. I had issues with the blend doors in mine that caused this. I ended up disconnecting the cable and ended up just moving the plastic parts manually to make it move. Generally speaking it stayed where I put it and worked fine for years until I got rid of the car last weekend. I would have had to pull the dash to fix this.

·
Registered
15,343 Posts
Interesting, did you have to operate without the faceplate to do that? You don't by any chance have a photo do you?
No photo, and I got rid of the car already. I just moved the plastic cam gear to redirect flow, and there was enough friction in it to stay in place. I have a theory that something got stuck in the vent, like when I got the windshield replaced, that caused all this to happen. But it could just as easily be whatevr foam or insulating piece used internally in the HVAC box coming loose. Anyway, whatever broke the HVAC box also caused enough friction for the doors to staty in place, otherwise this would not have worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts