FEOA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear of tranny near the firewall on the drivers side, below the starter. You will need a 10mm socket and some patience pulling it out. Good luck.

JordyB

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yep, it is a pain in the neck becuase of location. follow the speedometer cable to the tranny. loosen the 10mm keeper bolt and pull the sucker out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys now I just have to find some time to do it, if the fluid is low would it be worth my time to change the fluid the car has 108,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
unless u leaking fluid, the fluid never needs changed in a manual transmission... Oh, btw, before u go pullin on the thing, u have to reach around after u´ve removed the bolt and u have to lift and pull out a little bracket that holds the vss in place

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
01-04-2003 at 19:51, 92gt5spd wrote:
unless u leaking fluid, the fluid never needs changed in a manual transmission... Oh, btw, before u go pullin on the thing, u have to reach around after u´ve removed the bolt and u have to lift and pull out a little bracket that holds the vss in place
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Well i said in an earlier thread that my car is downshifting weird an i have heard that changing the fluid will help.

So is your starter all fixed now?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Actually, I got mine and the replacement out of their perspective cars and tomorrow will be the day I put the good one in my car and jump the battery :-]

·
Registered
53 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
01-04-2003 at 19:51, 92gt5spd wrote:
unless u leaking fluid, the fluid never needs changed in a manual transmission...
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

no that´s wrong. If you live in a place that has absolutely no dirt, dust, or any sort of particulate, then yes, you dont need to change it. But since there is no place like that, it´s recommended to change astleat every 100,000 miles, buit in my expierence I have changed it at the 75,000 mark. Also, changing the oil might help the shift ing prob. you have. Even if it doesn´t, it´s good that you changed the oil.
-A

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So it shouldnt take more than an hour or so to change it? Assuming everything goes well, which it probably will not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts