FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
i dont know why you would want to delete it... didnt the engineers put it there for a purpose?

is this some "kit" from ebay you buy to supposedly delete it to give you more power or something?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I THINK its for using a higher performance cam. The vct would interfeer.
I'm looking for better MPG

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
higher performance cams dont typically give you better fuel economy. they give you better performance (as in speed/accel performance).

having had a number of performance cams in a number of engines.. i speak from experience.

now they do make cams meant for good economy.. but they dont make more power, and are usually not much different than stock cams.

for the cost of a new cam you can buy ALOT of gasoline.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I preassure tested the engine and found 2# at 60lbs so I'm about to pull the head.
ziton

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
On the ZX2 VCT is a system that is designed to perform the same function as an EGR system would. It adjusts the cam so that under certain circumstances it sucks exhaust gasses back into the cylinder. It will probably give you a CEL if removed and you may not pass inspection. They reason they sell a delete kit is because aftermarket cams were made for the Focus which has EGR instead of VCT and the cams won't work with the VCT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts