FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about the 1.9l having problems dropping valve seats. Does anyone know if the 1.9l engine from 91-96 had different heads, i was told the heads that were stamped FOEE-B7A were the heads that commonly dropped valve seats. I'm not sure if all 1.9l from 91 - 96 had this stamp or there were different heads for these years? Need info asap looking to buy a 94 lx wagon.

·
Registered
15,620 Posts
I don't know that the dropped valve seat is particular to any year, but it might be true. If you really want to make sure you don't get one that will drop a valve, just get a GT with the 1.8L engine. And I do blame Mazda for the crappy valve design on this engine, but for some reason they can do their own engine OK. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
8,425 Posts
It's mainly only a problem to worry about if you're over heating the motor. As long as it does'nt over heat it will go and go.
The head is aluminum and the valve seat it some other kind of metal, so they exspand differently when the motor is over heated, so they can either just fall out or break into peices.

Swapping to a 1.8 is way too much work just so you dont have to worry about dropping a valve seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.