FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
He´s right if it´s the original or just old, replace it. just to be safe. but if you know the engine has been torn apart once before and it may still be good you could keep it as a backup or something. I dunno. My advice is the same, just change it out and be done with it. ;-)

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
browntown said:
by all means replace it, ive actually had bad luck with felpro. Napa makes a real nice cork and metal one for the 1st gens, closer to 20 bucks but better than rubber ones i've had. make sure you torque your bolts evenly, leaks are 90% of the time caused by improper torque of the bolts.
Where were you when the asses that were working on my car after the timing belt blew were tightening my cover down?
I was leaking oil like mad all over the driveway till one day i got pissed and started looking around to see what it could be.

I found two things:
1) the damn drain plug was so loose i could tighten it down with my fingers. 8O

2) i changed my spark plugs a little later that night and noticed that I could also tighten not just one or two, but ALL the bolts on my valve cover with my fingers. So I whipped out my haynes book and torqued em down in order...haven't had a problem since. even though she still uses oil... but not like that. :roll: damned "mechanics"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts