FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all its been a bit since ive been in here but i need to know how/if i can remove the black box for the iac on these motors, if your asking why well the reason is i swapped the engine from the 92 egt i wrecked into a 92 festiva, and lets just say real estate is at a premium and i seen a picture of a guy who removed it but i cant contact him so i was wondering if anyone on here could lend some advice.

festiva

BP thats in it:

as you can see the black box is causing my intake tube to become kinked and i dont like that :D

here is the guy who removed his black box but i cant really figure out how he would have done this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
remove the box, shorten the hose that runs to the bottom side of the intake to the box to the length of the nipple that comes out right behind the black box where your valve cover breather is supposed to be hooked up. and a filter on that is usually a good idea. and if its too kinked on the hose your shortening then buy a new one that isn't preformed.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Either way, it looks like you will need to make a custom intake to make it fit right.
You could go to AutoZone and get some Spectre intake tube and make a new intake. It looks like two 45* elbows and a straight piece would work to replace the flexible tube. You will also need a breather filter for the valve cover.
If you take out the box, you will lose ~3-5 lb/ft of touque. (I remember reading that somewhere on this site)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.