FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening: i was playing with the TPS adjustment (it doesn´t work because the ECU reset the value every time you turn off the car) and i take out the hose from the valve cover to the check valve and to the intake hose and found that i have vacuum on the valve cover, i really don´t know why, i put my finger on this port and it suck it, if i kee my finger the car valve cover start to make some weird noise.

can you explain this to me because i was thinking that i have something wrong with my PCV system.

i think on december i put a oil separator between the PCV valve and the Intake manifold, and found a problem with the check valve from the valve cover to the intake manifold so i change it and keep the direction as the manual says "arrow, flow from intake to valve cover"

i really don´t know what´s going on, please any advise

· Registered
411 Posts
The PCV System uses vacuum from the intake manifold to suck the junk out of the engine. However the inlet for the air is thru the air inlet pipe and it will not have vacuum on it. But the engine will have a vacuum, it the PCV is working properly. FYI the "intake manifold" is after the throttle body whereas the "inlet pipe" is before the throttle body.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you Bear45-70

if i close the valvecover port (with my finger) the car start to make this noise because i close the inlet port of fresh air right?

if i put a valve cover breather the engine it´s not going to breath, it´s going to suck air from the filter, so why some people say that the engine puke oil throw the breather, they have a bad PCV valve?

· Registered
1998 ZX2
10,101 Posts
PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation, in other words, sucking vapor out of the crankcase and into the intake. If the PCV system is plugged up, the vapor in the crankcase will build up and the engine will puke oil out of the breather because there is no place for the vapor to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.