FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and didn't find anything helpful, so I'm gonna ask...

I'm cleaning up my engine bay tomorrow; removing A/C and P/S and I'm wondering if I can remove/move/mod the vacuum canister on the passenger side of the engine bay.

I've seen a lot of engine bays without it, and I'm wondering if they came stock without it or if the removed it themselves.

I'm sure it controls the vent/heater controls and maybe a couple of other things, but looking for some superior knowledge about it.

Thanks!

::mitch::

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I think you are talking about the charcol canister. I dont have mine hooked up on my turbo GT. I just unplugged the vac line from the intake manifold and just capped it off. I know you can remove it. Plenty of people have done it already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... That's the conclusion I've come to as well. There's one little vacuum line from the IM to the booster, then a couple of hard plastic lines to the firewall.

If it's ONLY cruise-control, I'll pull it... But I was wondering if the heater vents were also vacuum-controlled.

::mitch::

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
The cruise control is the big round thing on the passenger fender. The canister is the thing on the fire wall that connects to the brake booster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts