FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped off at a local Ford dealer last night and priced a SVT Focus with the European package. Retail around $22,800. This morning I checked Kelly blue book on a 2002 SVT with 33,000 miles and retail it lists for $12,800. Resale is terrible on these cars. I'm not sure what the best price one can do on a new car, but I'll go on dreaming on finding my 92 EGT some old lady used to go to church. I like the standard wheels on the SVT better than the optional ones. My nephew's 2002 Acura rsx/s holds it's value great but I'd much rather have a Ford. I think I need professional counseling. I wonder if my insurance will pick up the tab?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
yeah, you'll usually find that imports hold their value longer than domestics.

example: the haggard 1986 Honda Civic w/ 188K miles and in horrible condition i bought for $30. i looked under kelley's and they said at a dealership that car would cost $586.

besides, i don't trust dealerships any further than i can throw one. so since i can't throw one, i don't trust any. go private!
www.autotrader.com all the way baby!!

·
Registered
15,419 Posts
Then wait until you can find a used Focus at a decent price.

And no I would not buy a used Honda or Toyota either. The prices are insane, and you know you'll need parts that cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
at most junkyards, they'll have "buy 'em or leave 'em" cars. ones that you can either buy for a seriously low price to fix up and run like-new, or sell it for parts. these are the cars you CANNOT pull a thing off of and buy. it's either all the car, or no car at all.

example: there was a '98 mustang cobra with low miles and a slight side impact sold at the junkyard for $3200. she was pristine, only thing is wrong was the impact in the rear 1/4 panel.
that was all she wrote.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Uh...... The 2004 European SVT Package is about 3-4 grand more than a base SVT Focus. A new normal US SVT Focus retails for about 18-19.5 grand. So 6k in 2 years isn't half bad. Hell my Si is 4 yrs old and Dealers won't take anymore than 11k for a trade in. 7500 in 4 years depreciation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts