FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever wanted a new radio or how about something diffrent that ya think wouldnt fit your car well check this out

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
plugs right in without no mods to the radio harness. Ive got it in my 93 and supposidly it came outa a mustang or sable, something along those lines. its pretty kick arse... my gf likes it. if that tells ya anything

·
Registered
385 Posts
what is so different with that radio, it the same one that I took out of my wagon. There freaken hard to tak out, I put in an aftermarket deck, slid right in. My grandma´s 95 lx has the same radio aswell.
:-? ???????? whats the bug deal ??????? :-?

Justin GT :-Y

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Are you kidding me? That head unit sucks... all the ford stock head units suck. I have that one in my 95LX wagon (I pulled it out from a 96 taurus) and it´s decent, but the interface sucks and the design is terrible. Sound isn´t great either.

But the plus side is that ford makes all their wiring harnesses the same, so it´s a sinch to take it out and swap it with the other ford cars made in 91-96 (maybe 96 and up, I dunno).

Anyway, to take them out is super easy too... you just take a coat hanger, cut it into about two 5" wires, then bend those wires into a horseshoe shape. Those wires go into the two holes on the sides of the head unit. Then push the ends of the U-shaped tools towards the doors of the car, and you unlatch little clips in the head unit. The head unit should come out, showing all the harness clips.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Sportscort, It is just a newer vwersion of what you had. If it sounds any better, then its maker might have made slight design improvements along the line. The head is probably just cleaner then the old one was. More power to you! It does look a little better. It does NOT have Pro Logic. Pro Logic is found in home theater recievers and uses 5 channels. There is no car radio with a center channel. If the new radio had another channel then it wouldn´t plug right in because all the output wires would be different. Dolby NR only applies to the tape anyway, not the radio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts