FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the battery shop. Tested the battery and it wasn't charging. Tried another new fully charged battery. Still not holding a charge above 12v. Removed alternator and had it tested. Alternator was good. Removed ground and cleaned it. Still not charging. I'm taking it to the shop in the morning. Any ideas on what else could be going on?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
its got to be in the plumbing then... alternator works, but battery doesnt get charged. somewhere the connection must be fouled or something.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
are you sure you plugged the wires back into the alternator completely? I know it sounds dumb, but I changed alternators when mine went and I didnt plug the field wire back in compltely :oops: I took it to autozone and the guy found it in like 3 seconds. Boy did I feel retarded.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I'm sure they'll find the problem tomorrow if it's that easy with a voltmeter. And yea the alternator wires are in right. I guess I'm just freakin out cuz it really sux that Ford discontinued the parts. So I'm worried it'll be something I can't get or find and I'll have to say bye bye to it over a part no longer existing. I know you can use Mazda parts sometimes for it so that's at least a ray of hope if that situation occurs. The car only has 78,000 miles on it and when it's starting and stayin charged the car runs beautifully. So I'd be sick if I couldn't get it to run over some lil part. I'm sick as it is already. I mean it has been 5 months of this crap with the car. blows :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts