FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a kind of foam padding found in the trunk of my 2nd gen. It's glued (practically welded) to the floor below the carpet and carpet-pad in only a few locations (the spare tire well, below the jack arm, and just behind the rear bench seat). I'm trying to remove it because I'm going to re-surface my trunk with a rubberized undercoating. Has anyone figured out a way to remove this stuff in a hurry?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
it's like a tarish paper? I removed all of that in my 92 EGT shaved about 20 lbs out in that junk. it is a BEAR to remove, what worked best for me was a sharpned putty knife, like a 2 or 3 inch one, file it sharp and start scraping, it's very labor intensive and time consuming but worth it to take that out and spray the rubberized coating in there, makes for a rust proof job and a much quieter ride of course!

best of luck.

another trick I just remembered believe it or not is to get the stuff wet, but then you HAVE to remove it or eventually it'll rust duh right? anyway hope it helps! you don't wanna know how I got mine soaked to remove it, lets just say a mud puddle was deeper than I thought and lemme tell you those doors let water in good and fast ha ha. good times with my buddy and his lifted jeep with me following......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts