FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my 91 LX yesterday. The turn signal stalk is very annoying, it likes to jump to the high beam position when I use the turn signals and when the automatic return bumps it back to the neutral position. It's hard to not have it fall into the highbeam position while using the turn signals. Is there a cheap fix for this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
There's gotta be some sort of spring action goin on in there. Those might be missing which will allow it to fall into high beams. Get a repair manual and check it out cause I don't have one in front of me. You might have to replace a 50 cent piece, or the whole stalk.

·
Registered
15,583 Posts
Are you sure you can just get a stalk? I'm reasonably sure that it was part of the whole "combination switch" assembly.

If you need a new one do not go to a dealer, they will only sell you a whole combination switch for something like $400 or thereabouts. Go to a junkyard and pick one up for $20 or maybe just the stalk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.