FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
you should be able to get amber bulbs from any auto parts store. I had amber bulbs in my amber lenses, then when I switched to clear corners I just used the ame amber bulbs I already had in them (that I forgot I already had in them). :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
James92Scort said:
you should be able to get amber bulbs from any auto parts store. I had amber bulbs in my amber lenses, then when I switched to clear corners I just used the ame amber bulbs I already had in them (that I forgot I already had in them). :)
I always thought the amber lenses had clear regular bulbs and the clears had ambers just like i thought your brake light bulbs are white because the lense is red :?

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Smooth-L said:
naa i got white ones on clear corners. its brighter. screw the law. i dont see a big deal in them being clear ot not. u can see them
:roll: That's the problem. 10 pm with your signal on and cars sitting across the way, they can see them TOO good. Put in amber bulbs and don't be an a**.

I've been behind cars with broken taillamps...ever seen a turn signal go on and all you can see is a bright, clear bulb? here's how it went...

not on
on..
bright flash
off
bright flasth
off
bright flash
off
This is where I was yelling at her to turn it off!
bright flash
off
bright flash

Now just imagine if she had forgot it was on...that gets annoying at night.

screw the law eh? I can't wait till you get your a** pulled over. 8)

The reason why the law states they have to be amber colored is because ambulances, police, and firetrucks use white light as an indicator of an emergency vehicle that needs through. Suppose you come up behind some old lady that can barely see out of her mirrors, when she see's some bright white lights behind her, she can get confused. It happens. I've seen it. :eek:

·
Registered
712 Posts
James92Scort said:
Suppose you come up behind some old lady that can barely see out of her mirrors, when she see's some bright white lights behind her, she can get confused. It happens. I've seen it. :eek:
All the more reason to confine the elderly. :) Anybody remember "Logan's Run" ???

Here's how I solved the problem. When I replaced my stock turn lamps due to damage, I opted for the clears from ZX2Tuner - cost being my motivating factor. But I hated the amber bulbs within so reused my original clear bulbs with the clear lamps. Like James says, it's too bright. Well yesterday I installed a set of clear side turn indicators just aft of the front wheels and wired them into sync with the stock turn wiring. They pull just enough current to dim the lights slightly, taking away the edge. Now the side lamps aren't overpowering but rather complimentary. I was concerned with them being TOO noticeable but with wiring in the new side repeaters, it all blends together quite well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.