FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..... i have my 94 EGT. now my buddy says he has a t3/t4 hybrid turbo that i can use. now what would i need exactly to make this a reliable setup, for the least ammount of money? and about how much would this project cost me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Custom Manifold, Downpipe, 2.5 - 3 inch Exhaust, Really really good fuel setup depending on target boost you want to run (see the top posts in turbo section of board for ideas on what people use at certain psi), Front mount intercooler and piping, BOV, GTX ECU (not completely knowlegable on this issue), fab'd intake piping, boost controller, guages (EGT, Boost), and a really nice pair of Slicks becuase you will blow the tire of the Escort with a T3/T4.

Project cost - anywhere from a sh!t load to a pretty nice amount, depending on how much you do yourself and how much a Machine shop does.

A T3/T4 is a rather large turbo for the Escort and is prolly going to make the project much more expensive then it would be with a IHI turbo.

What trim is it? Is it ball bearing? Internaly Gated or externaly gated?

Hope that helped give you an idea, I know it kinda vage but I wasnt sure what your plans were, like drag stip boost happy monstar car or daily driven sleeper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jb_cb44 said:
Custom Manifold, Downpipe, 2.5 - 3 inch Exhaust, Really really good fuel setup depending on target boost you want to run (see the top posts in turbo section of board for ideas on what people use at certain psi), Front mount intercooler and piping, BOV, GTX ECU (not completely knowlegable on this issue), fab'd intake piping, boost controller, guages (EGT, Boost), and a really nice pair of Slicks becuase you will blow the tire of the Escort with a T3/T4.

Project cost - anywhere from a sh!t load to a pretty nice amount, depending on how much you do yourself and how much a Machine shop does.

A T3/T4 is a rather large turbo for the Escort and is prolly going to make the project much more expensive then it would be with a IHI turbo.

What trim is it? Is it ball bearing? Internaly Gated or externaly gated?

Hope that helped give you an idea, I know it kinda vage but I wasnt sure what your plans were, like drag stip boost happy monstar car or daily driven sleeper.
i'm not sure as to what trim is it, but i plan on it as a daily drven sleeper. i'm eventually going to lower it like 1.5-1.8 inches, and probably put strut bars on the front and back. i guess i may be better off just finding an IHI then, cuz i'm going more on the side of cost here lol poor college student i am, but i drive 16 miles each way back and forth to school everyday, and i want somethin that'll make the drive a bit more fun. as i posted in the mileage thread, i just hit 66k miles, so it's just a baby yet. i'd hate to blow up an engine that's this young haha so whatever i can do to make it as cheap and painless as possible, and also as safe/reliable as possible, then that's the way i'll go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
I dont have the money or i would buy this but i cant so here goes. If you go to ebay and type in vj20 it will bring up the turbo and manifold that bolts up to our cars and i think there is a buy it now option for $450. So if you are really serious here is a really good deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trashknight said:
I dont have the money or i would buy this but i cant so here goes. If you go to ebay and type in vj20 it will bring up the turbo and manifold that bolts up to our cars and i think there is a buy it now option for $450. So if you are really serious here is a really good deal
how much do they usually run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Well you can get the turbo you can get for $350 and the manifold you can get that for $200 so you would save like $100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trashknight said:
Well you can get the turbo you can get for $350 and the manifold you can get that for $200 so you would save like $100.
but would those be new or what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
They are both used, as far as i know you cant get them new but i could be wrong. You can find them at corksport.com
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top