FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys and girls I just was rudely waken up by the door bell. And at first I was like who the fuck keeps ringing my door bell like that, and laid my head back to rest and I snapped up thinking holy shit that is a loud ass truck out there. Sure enough i open my miniblind and there it is a Big Fat ass fed-ex truck staring me right in my face holy shit I said. I sleep naked so i was squirming for clothes. (not completely naked but in my boxers) I hit the door grab the box cut it open the guys like hey you have to sign for that. I was like yeah yeah whatever. there it was my turbo. To my suprise it was all there and in really good shape no side play not much in and out play although there is a crack in the exhaust housing which really sucks my ass cuz now i have to go find a probe turbo exhaust housing that aint cracked which shouldnt be too hard and hell arkansas crack head junkyards will sell me one for like 10 bucks so what the hell. I will prolly go look for that some time this weekend. Well so far all i need now is my intercooler put together and then i will be good to go. MUAH HA HA HA HA HA TURBO IS CLOSER THAN I THOUGH>

·
Registered
911 Posts
i hear that small cracks in the exhaust near the port dont affect the turbo´s performance...but it is from someone doing somethign stupid like running the car hard and then parking the car and turning off the engine....the turbo didnt have time to cool down w/ oil so the exhaust cracked....also, there should be no more than 1/16 of an inch play with the main shaft...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hell there is barely any play in the main shaft i would say no more than the thickness of a credit card.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so it is acceptable to run this turbo with the cracks. I dont think it would be a good idea i was gonna go find a turbo that was fucked in the junkyard on a probe and rip the exhaust housing off of it and slap it on mine. but if you guys say that a big ass crack from exhaust housing to the waste gate side is acceptable then i will go with that since i really dont know shit about these damn things any way. I still think i will go with the original plan and go get another exhaust housing. THanx for the input i appreciate it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Is the crack all the way though the metal. or is it just on one side (only on inside, or outside)?? I Find a place that rebuilds turbos and have them give you an idea, or take it to a machine shop that can Magnaflux it too see how bad it is. It might look like it only goes half way through, but you never know. I would imagine if it went all the way through the metal that it would get a nice leak. I have seen articles that said cracks on the inside of the flange weren´t to major, but I couldn´t imagine anything near the wastegate would be good. Ask Blade, maybe he can fill you in better.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the crack is all the way through to the wastegate however there are no cracks to where the exhaust is going to leak but yeah im gonna go to the junkyard and pick up a new exhaust housing.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
that´s great man...you do know there is a turbo shop here in LR right? if you were in the mind to get it worked over for soem reason...I´m not sure on their pricing though

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
if you head out to 67/167 to I-40 and go towards Mephis and then take I-440 towards the airport...they are right next to Watson´s pools if I remember right...it´s like exit 8 or somehting....It´s called Arkansas Turbo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts