FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I get some of ure opinions on this topic?? as most of you know my car is away for the winter well, I dont know if I will have time inbetween body work and other stuff to do a complete engine swap!, so what would you say if I put all my GTX stuff on my BP motor with 270xxx khms on it?? it was rebuilt headgasket and such at 220xxx khms! now I will only be running 6 psi daily, does anyone know how long my motor will last?? like will I have it for the whole summer?? I am unsure if anyone has put a turbo on there car with this many khms! let me hear you!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
when run on the BPT pistons and head, and intake/exhaust, the GTX turbo runs stock at about 8psi. That will increase with less-restrictive intake/exhaust, and the head that flows 20% better than the GTX one.. so you'll definitely have to set up something to keep boost levels down, if you only want to go to 6psi.

I don't really remember what people have said regarding boost on the stock BP pistons, but if they're strong enough, and you make sure you've got your fuel and timing tuned right (probably THE most important part of the whole thing), you should be able to see that kind of boost on your existing internals without damage.

--sarge

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what will it run at ?? meaning psi stock? cause all i wanna know is if i should do it with this many khms on it! i am using the Apexi s-afc 2 and a cartech FMU

·
Registered
432 Posts
dude like someone already stated. do a compression check. and you don't have to worry about bp internals 6psi is nothing if you have your fuel management and timing right. BP internals have been proven to run 13psi and more.
Des.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts