FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here goes..i got a 93 4dr lx and i was wondering about the turbo..wut all will i need for it and if i get it how much mod will i need to do to fit is and will my engine hold the power from the turbo..pictures and directions would help haha..i dont kno to much about motors..thanks

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
holy run-on sentance batman!

you need to start by learning about engines and general turbocharging before you even start asking questions about your particular car.

theres so much involved that you admit to not knowing about.. honestly it takes too much time and bandwidth to explain everything all at once.

my suggestion, borrow some forced induction and fuel injection books from the library.

not all turbos put out the same power adding amounts of air, what your engine can hold up to is extremely relative. it depends on how good of condition its in, how much boost pressure your run, the efficiency of the intercooler, whether you have one or not, wastegate choice, whether you use a blow off valve or not, all sorts of crazy stuff.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha...well i was just thinkin about the one from the 1st gen scorts i was just curious when ever i got into detail on my motor. but can u tell me about the header from the 1gen egt..will it just directly bolt up to my scort??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha...well i was just thinkin about the one from the 1st gen scorts i was just curious when ever i got into detail on my motor. but can u tell me about the header from the 1gen egt..will it just directly bolt up to my scort??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Holy Quadruple Posts Batman!!!!!! (x2) Yeah do some research and reading before you just jump into a FI project.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so lemme get this skrait.....without the fact i need a new exaust and the bend in it.with that aside will it bolt directly up to the stock holes on the manifold or wutever..i should have made that a lil clearer when i first posted.thas wut i wanted to kno..if i get the header will it fit without having to drill any new holes??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts