FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a turbo from an RX7 and it actually fits my stock manifold on my 98 SPI 2000. Problem is, is I can't seem to get the turbo on the manifold and the manifold on the head because the turbo hits the radiator. Would it be possible to relocate my radiator in front of my trans cooler or something? Also, where do you guys tap into for your oil feed lines and coolant feed and return lines?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The turbo will sit too low for the oil to return properly. You need to use a different manifold.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Its not going to work. Jgstools.com and get yourself a logstyle manifold so you can still keep the stock radiator and put the turbo up high enough to gravity drain to the oil pan.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
alxdgr8 said:
The turbo will sit too low for the oil to return properly. You need to use a different manifold.
True that.
Your oil drain will be too close to the oil leval in the pan. It wont drain out of the oil return fast enough, and you will then have oil pushed past the oil seal's in the turbo and you will be pulling your hair out becuase of all the smoke from burning oil. Or I guess you could just use 1 quart of oil in the pan.

Plus, what the heck did you do with your front engine mount to get the turbo to fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.