FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i have a question. i am going to be installing a gtx into my 94 gt and i was wondering is there a common upgrade from the vj20 off the gtx? anyone make hybrids? will a dsm turbo work.( just wondering cause i still have a super 18g) just wondering cause once i start i am going to get crazy with this thing.. thanks for all help..

nick

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The old school Jspec STi uses a VF23 ball bearing turbo (60mm). The VJ20 is 52mm, so its a pretty good upgrade.

A.Christopher is using the VF23 (300+hp)

Denis Gagnon I believe is using a T3/T4 hybrid with a custom manifold (I'm sure he's up there in HP too)

Orlando I thought picked up a GTX motor with the VJ20, like me, but he's always looking for more power, so I'm sure he's upgraded already too.

I'm still running the VJ20. I have instant pressure response from it. It seems to hold pretty well for me playing with .6 - .88BAR (8-13psi). Actually I would be thrilled if I could get the VJ20 rebuilt with a ball bearing cartridge and port the compressor housing a little bit. It would be more then enough.

My advice, get the motor in and run with the VJ20. I'm pretty sure it will keep you occupied long enough to either find the perfect upgrade for your type of driving habits, or enough to save the big bucks for the really huge Mitsu turbo's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts