FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tried the paper-clip CEL light method today and must say that it definitely works lol. I got a code #15 and 17 would anyone of you guys have a quick answer to what these codes mean. I read the technical term of what the guy gave in the "how-to's" My car has been very sluggish in 1st and 2nd and well sheesh, most gears. So I just trying to pin point some things. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
750 Posts
15 - oxygen sensor - voltage stays below 0.55 volts (lean)
17 - oxygen sensor - voltage does not change (rich)
Time for a new oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about how much do you think that'll run? hopefully it doesnt cost too much, and what about replacement. easy fix?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm guessing it will cost around $60 or so.
Changing it isn't too bad as long as you have the right size wrench.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx 88 your always on it man, preciate it! Ill have to look into that today after work. Lemme ask you 88, that spectre CAI you have how good is that working for ya? The reason I ask is because I saw some at advanced auto I saw for cheap and thought about doing some type of air filter upgrade, is it worth it?

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
88scortgt said:
I'm guessing it will cost around $60 or so.
Changing it isn't too bad as long as you have the right size wrench.
$60 would depend on what o2 it used. You would have to be out of your F'in mind to pay that much for a one wire o2 for a 91-92 gt. $60 is more or a 4 wire price.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Casanova23, you're welcome. The Spectre CAI I put on was more of a necessity than an option. The ribbed section of the OEM tube split, and I couldn't wait 3-5 days for AutoZone to get me a new one. I didn't feel much of an improvement in performance, but the sound intake made was a lot more aggressive. The fact that you can clean and reuse the air filter is a plus, as it will save you money over time. ($30 for the Spectre air filter vs. ~$12 every time for a stock replacement.)

Onegimp, you are correct. I guessed ~$60 for a 4-wire sensor. Advance Auto lists 4-wire sensors for my '95 from ~$60 all the way up to ~$110. I wasn't sure what kind he needed, so I went with the lowest price for the 4-wire sensor.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I spent 63 on a TOP OF THE LINE 1 wire oxy sensor for my 92, it cycles better and I went up about 2 mpg over the bosch universal sensor! 40 dollar difference but worth it if it'll last longer and better performance and economy, the cheaper 4 wires are just fine but a cheap universal 1 wire, do not waste your time and money on em. yeah they work, but that's all they do, get ones that look like the OEM type and you should be good for a long time, spend 20 on a universal and replace it every few years or buy an OEM type and replace it every 10 years or so.

that's just my input though, I go with OEM even though I aint got much money cuz it works really good.

and a cold air intake only really helps if you have done a good port and polish and a nice flowing header and exhaust, other than that it's gonna sound awesome but not much more go, but those spectre filters are awesome I've heard! I like my K&N square filter with my cut air box, nice deep growl breathes good.

ok I'm done rambling sorry guys I get bored sometimes. keep em going!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx you guys for all ur input, im thinking of hit up one of the auto parts store to see what i come across so I can get this fixed. Cause she's hesitant and sputtering too much for my liking right now. So the filter, isnt going to show much of a difference. Now, lemme also also...im also looking into getting some type of exhaust for the car. I'm trying to find a decent one that isnt too much cause I know there everywhere online, but also with that...when I do acquire my exhaust, should I also change the diameter of the piping? I think I read it's like 1 7/8" or something. Jw, I'm looking for a lil more get up in go and better throttle response.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts