FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new. Anyways I have a 95 LX hatchback. This morning when I went to open the trunk with the key, it made a little snap noise, then it opened as usual. I didn't think anything about it, but when i tried to open the trunk later today, it wouldn't open and there was very little resistance on the key. The key works and there's no sign of damage to the key, but turning it in the lock does nothing. Of course I can temporarily fold down the back seats to get stuff out, but how should I go about fixing this. Do I have to take it to a dealer? Will it cost much? Is there anything I can do myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Do you not have a mechanical hatch release by the fuel door release?

My lock cylinders starting seizing years ago (the hatch went first). I pulled it apart, cleaned it up and thought everything was great. It seized up again within a year. Eventually my driver's door lock went too.

Yours isn't seized, but it's broken. You'll never repair it.

You could have a new lock cylinder installed, but it will require a separate key obviously.

·
Registered
319 Posts
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6820&highlight=trunk

I know exactly what you're talking about.... either find a nice guy on this site to send you the piece.... or go to the junk yard.... these little pieces are crappy.. be careful u don't break it when taking it out of a junker.... good luck.. its not too hard to put back in... although i vowed my friends boyfriend to do it for me....LoL

Laci

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going to have to get the lock replaced, I think thats whats broken but I won't know for sure until I take the plastic panel off later and check it out. Unfortunately I don't have a mechanical release inside, so I have to get something replaced, probabaly the cylinder, hopefully thats all I have to replace.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Nate, I bet it's the same problem as Laci's. Make sure you read that thread and look closely at the pic. I am going to the wrecker's Friday so let me know by then if that's it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MadBrad that's exactly the piece. I took the back plastic panel off and that little piece is broken, the one in Laci's pic-the piece that connects to the back of the lock and connects to the rod, its like a washer with a connector on it. That would be awesome if you could get that for me, just let me know how much it'll cost and we'll work somethin out.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
OK Nate and Hotscort, I got the part for each of you. Nate, It will be sent either today or Monday. Hotscort, I got the one for a sedan. You didn't reply so I assumes it is a sedan. Ya it is a different part. Also since you don't know the exact problem with your trunk I don't know if that's the part you need, but I'm sending it anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts