FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to u all. My 91 Ecort 1,9l 3 door car has a problem. Its manual transmision is dying.
1. When get from 1st to 2nd ( full throttle with mighty wheel spin) it revs really high but the car is not accelerating as fast as it used to do in the past. when i do it it slowly ( no max power) everything is ok. It also happens when I do it from 2nd to 3rd.
2. It is really hard top put 2nd and 4th gear and 5th is making some kind of noise.
3. what kind (type or name) do I have? I nned it to fin some parts for it.
I live in Poland(Europe) so please tell what you know. Thanks you all.

·
Registered
911 Posts
thats really odd....

the way you describe it...it sounds like you've got a bad clutch....but the part about not being able to shift sounds like you've got something busted in ur tranny. 2, 4, and 5 are exactly what i couldnt shift into when i blew my tranny. Also, every gear i tried i couldnt accelerate worth the shit as well. my problem was 2 holes in my transmission caused by stripping in the spider gears. I guess i burned rubber too much and those gears took the force beween the axles and the engine. Since u said something about wheel spin, i'm guessing you do it often?? If so, stop. You might have a similar problem that i had.

But if i hadnt, i wouldnt have found FEOA!!! *Cheers*

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It's your clutch AND pressure plate.

It's not going into gear because the clutch isn't completely disengaging and the syncros think the car's still moving.

Disk, pressure plate, and throwout bearing should all be replaced, and flywheel resurfaced/replaced.

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice

But I need to know the type or name of this transmission like 4EALT or G5MR. This information is very important. Today I looked inside my tranny and.... the wheel for 5 th gear lost 2 teeth nad that was for strange noises.
Now I need the name of my tranny becouse there is no sign on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
oh wait....could marshall...........for once, be correct???????????

Wow, i said the problems were in the transmission... but i was ignored....well this is a glorious day!!!! Maybe ppl will start taking me more seriously!

STUFF THIS PPL!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.