FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 manual GT with only 66,000 mi on it. Over two or three days most if not all trans fluid leaked out. The bottom of the tranny around the drain plug is where the drip is but it's not the drain plug. The trans works fine. The only thing i can think of is three days before, i had to go through about 15" of water. Is it possible the fluid is coming from the Axle? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Yes, the axles seal(s) could be leaking. Be sure to have corrected soon and filled to proper level. My uncle sold me a GT where he didn't tell me he couldn't get the VSS out so he filled as much as possible through the axle holes. Filled halfway at best. I was zooming and slapped 4th at about 90 and BOOM...no more go! The trans. seizes in gear and grenaded the clutch into a thousand pieces! Had to track down another trans obviously. I would clean the trans. off with brake clean and compressed air. Top off trans. through the VSS hole and look for leak after test drive.

· Registered
15,186 Posts
LOWETGT said:
My uncle sold me a GT where he didn't tell me he couldn't get the VSS out so he filled as much as possible through the axle holes. Filled halfway at best.
I'd say that if you are going to do something stipid like that, at least have the courtesy to jack up the fill end of the car as high as you can stand (so as to make the car lean away from you) when filling it up to get more in.

· Registered
314 Posts
Ive had a few transmissions like that, where even with the tranny out of the car you couldnt get the VSS out :mad: But at least I jacked it up almost 90* before I filled it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.