FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my transmission replaced about 9 months ago. Anyone who knows about this really knows my head ache. They told me after they replaced it for the 6th time that my transmission cooler lines were very brittle and getting ready to break. I noticed I could buy an aftermarket one from autozone for about 30 dollars. That includes the lines and a new cooler. Is this a good idea? How hard is this to do? Has anyone done anything like this before?
I have an automatic unfortunately. I will only have my car for another year and a half then i get my dads car, so i need to make sure it will survive till then.

· Registered
476 Posts
Installing that cooler might give them an excuse to void your warranty on the transmission. Sure, the cooler can only do good, but they'll do anything they can to void a warranty. I've got a set of good ATX cooler lines I can send you for $35 shipped.

· Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill think about it. They only gave me a 15k warenty so it is already over. I would want to put the cooler infront of the condensor too right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.