FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off this forum is awesome lots of good info! 94 scort...99 atx trans...its got bout 50k on it and it sometimes shifts out of overdrive randomly while cruising...and when im on the gas it shifts fairly hard...not really hard but hard enough for me to wonder bout it...when im drivin like a grandpa it shifts great but yeah...looking to do a fluid change before winter...what fluid is best for these things...would a bottle lucas trans tune help me out? valve body sticking? HELP GUYS THANKS!

· Registered
925 Posts
I would suggest Mercon/Dextron 5 and YES after you clean/replace the filter...add the Lucas Trans Tune and top with the Dextron.

Dave

· Super Moderator
10,547 Posts
My 92 LX auto tranny randomly goes in/out of torque converter lockup when going along the highway. It stays in 4th however, unless I make it drop to 3rd by pushing down on the gas. If I am not going above 60, the difference is barely perceptible, and after 20 or 30 minutes on an interstate, it seems to stop doing it, and just stays in 4th, with the TC locked. I rebuilt the tranny myself (so it must be good, right?) about 25,000 miles ago, and has probably been doing it ever since the rebuild. Maybe before the rebuild, but the driver was my sister in law, who isnt aware of such subleties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.