FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been having a problem with my auto '95 LX. i hear a grinding/whining noise coming from somewhere in the engine compartment when im in-gear going about 40mph at around 1500rpms.
i took my car to a mechanic and they said it might be the transmission or transmission-related. they gave me some information on the subject...
Replace the idler gear inside the transaxle. The replacement idler has been revised to reduce the possibility of noise.

thanks,
-dan

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay, i took my car to a few other places, and it seems that i may have to get a new trans.
i was wondering who here thinks it would be a wise decision to switch it to manual? the car has only 53K on it and is many miles to go. i want to put performance mods on this thing, and so far, that seems like a good one to go for especially when i have no choice on avoiding getting a new trans. the logic is that i might as well do the switch if there's going to be a replacement put in. (i think i just repeated myself, oh well.)
comments?

·
Registered
319 Posts
yea.. if ya got the money and u were thinking of doing the auto to stick swap then no better time to do it if ur tranny has gone out... they say everything happens for a reason right?..LoL.. ne wayz i dunno how u guyz with autos get anywhere... i know the only reason my 95 LX goes ne where is becuz its stick... i hate autos they're so boring.... ne wayz good luck!

Laci

1 - 4 of 4 Posts