FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know ANYTHING about Standard Transmissions. THis is the first one ive owned in the 8 1/2 years ive been driving..

I also dont mean to be turning into a post whore. But all of a sudden everything seems to be going wrong at once. Im getting sort of nervous. So if anybody has some good advice...please help

K. this is how it goes. All of a sudden today, I was driving around town running errands. I burnt my clutch 3 times today(that stinks bad, never did it before) I called my father and he said it was because I was riding the clutch. But ive been driving this car for over half a year. Doing very fine at that, and never did this before. Maybe I just was really tired and didnt notice I was riding the clutch so bad.

Anyway, back on topic. Since then. My tranny has been acting funny. Whenever I gear up, after I engage the clutch and release it, it takes awhile for the transmission to respond.more so than before. It lags so to speak. I dont know if these incidents would be related. I was also told by somebody that my fluid might be low, which would be the cause of both problems.

On that note, how do you check Tranny fluid in a 93lx standard?

Thanks in advance to anyone with good advice. I dont wanna loose my car, and if my tranny goes, I might as well dump it( most likely....) unless I can find a good cheap used one(not too used...) I WAS thinking about a new Protege 5. But I was hoping to get a couple more years out of this baby at least. And even if I do buy the protege 5, I still want my scort so I can baby it.

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At what point should I become very concerned if this is indeed the problem?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been told by a few that my master cylinder may be to blame..

Just a thought...

Peace

Wes

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
isnt there a master cylinder for the clutch hydraulic fluid also? ill take your guys word for it though, I dont know jack..

But, ya, I figured it would be the clutch, which is bad news cuz I am REALLY not financially secure enought for that right now.

If you got a used clutch at the scrap yard, would a good tranny shop be able to tell you if its good? Or is that even worth it?

Thanx

Wes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.