FEOA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'94 Tracer Trio Wagon, 1.9L w/ Auto

I was doing the relay fix for my cooling fan today; this means my air box was out of the way and I had an improved view of many things.

From the top of the tranny, right behind the fluid dip stick is what looks like a large vacuum hose standing up next to the dip stick. It's currently capped off with an old bolt or screw.

I bought the car from a used car lot two years ago and have just driven the heck out of it, changing oil and nothing more. I've had no trouble with the tranny, or anything else for that matter.

Is this disconnected tube something I should be concerned about? Any afficionaddos have a clue what this is?

Again, parallel to the tranny dip stick, right behind it, rising roughly toward the vicinity of the brake booster, is what seems to be a 3/8 rubber line, hacked off and plugged with a bolt.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
I think that hose is the tranny vent line. What goes into the end of it looks like a bolt, but is actually a vented cap. The gunk on it usually prevents the vents from being visible. I lost the little vent, so I just have the rubber hose running up toward the master cylinder, and taped to one of the brake lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts