FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's what's happening:

About two weeks ago, my car started to act up. I was driving down the turnpike going around 70. I change lanes to pass someone and start to accelerate when all of a sudden, the car starts to shake. So I let off the gas pedal and the shaking stops. I press down the gas pedal again and the car starts to shake again. Ok, whatever, I get back in my lane and just chill at about 70 mph the rest of the way home. A few days later, I go for another drive down the turnpike. As I start to gain some speed and eventually shift into 5th gear, the car begins to shake badly, but it only shakes when I try to accelerate. At this point, 5th gear is worthless, so I just stay in 4th. Well, a few days later, the same thing starts to happen in 4th gear. A few days later, 3rd gear has the same problem. Currently, 2nd gear is starting to have the same problem.

My question is: What is wrong with the car? I know it has to be the tranny right? The car only shakes when I try to accelerate. It started in 5th gear and has been slowly working it's way down to the lower gears. When i try to accelerate and the shaking starts, the car doesn't accelerate at all, in fact, it starts to lose speed. I really don't know what to do about this. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts