FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased this 2000 zx2 s/r for a cool 300$ the previous owner stated needs clutch and tune up went to replace the clutch and found out that my input shaft in the diff side of the tranny was rounded out so i ended up getting another tranny form the "same year" car but not a s/r car just wanted to know if there were differences in the gear ratios in the regular zx2 coupes compared to the s/r's and if so if anyone has any info on the stock s/r ratios so i can get this one regeared my fuel mileage is suffering from the change used to sit at 2k at 70 now sits at 3k going 70

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
After looking at the ZX2 manual ratios versus auto ratios, you can sure see why the manauls is so much quicker. about 15/1 ratio in first gear in the manual versus 10/1 for teh auto. Makes me wish I had gone the manual rout.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wish my car had the 5 speed. With the ATX, the poor engine is churning 3.5 to 4k all the time just to keep up with socal traffic.
5 speed swap is easy and socal is a good place to do it because rust free. Only takes a day to do the swap but i use two days to do it just in case little things pop up which need attention.

i'm in the socal and will be rounding up the parts to do this for another car in the next few weeks. Usually costs about $200 in parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts