FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the tps the other day and now when after i push my gas pedal down a little bit it will start to shake like it's not getting enough fuel. I reset the ecu thinking that might help but it didn't. The old one didn't do that but it wasn't making the tranny shift right. I'm clueless right now.

·
Registered
750 Posts
When you changed your TPS did you happen to disconnect the battery??? and also did u disconnect the battery after putting the new one in? all i did to change mine was that. So i dontk now what to tell ya.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's brand new....all the air hoses are connected. I'll check the vacuum lines tonight. I did find one unplugged which was strange...because i didn't undo it. It must have blown off or something.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
nice avatar... very sexy

sounds like your VAM is unplugged. If it idles fine but chokes when you open the throttle it's either
1. VAM not plugged in or dead
2. torn intake tubing (somewhat common in older scorts)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
siragan said:
nice avatar... very sexy

sounds like your VAM is unplugged. If it idles fine but chokes when you open the throttle it's either
1. VAM not plugged in or dead
2. torn intake tubing (somewhat common in older scorts)
well thank you.....i guess it beats what i had on here

i did change both sensors on the thermostat housing so i had to take the whole assembly off all the way up to the throttle body. I might have done something there when i took out/put back in the intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts