FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know is this has been discussed before..proly has but i was just wondering since alot of us with ELX's dont have tachs..could someone tell us the topspeed for each gear..again if its been discussed already..or just post the link if somone knows it.. thanks

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
well since Ive changed my tranny twice (orignal and now a 96) the 93 is limited to what it can do. 1st 20mph max
2nd 30mph
3rd 57mph
4th 70ish
5th no clue. never had it that fast, maybe 112 or so those little 1.9s tach our really easily.. mine dont but the stock ones do.

·
Registered
844 Posts
1st i can wind out to about 25mph,
2nd about 45mph
3rd 70mph
4th maybe 90 or so..
5th ive had to 110

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
1st about 25mph
2nd about 55mph
3rd about 80mph
4th about 95-100mph (need to shift for power)
5th Stupid fast.

BTW I should mention I'm running an SPI so my powerband is a little nicer.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
must be something with those later trannies, in my 91 pony, stock tranny with the fuel saver gearing:

1st-36
2nd-70
3rd-105
4th-speedo runs out
5th-didnt have enough hp to go this fast til the headwork

·
Administrator
9,319 Posts
PonyExpress said:
1st-36
2nd-70
3rd-105
4th-speedo runs out
5th-didnt have enough hp to go this fast til the headwork
amen brotha. 36is about the ablsoute max first gear speed. its good speed.. but the second gear synchros dont like it.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'm shifting at around 5300rpm for max power in most of my speed numbers there. 5500rpm at the latest.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
there are different numbers because ppl like to round up or their speedos are wrong.

in my case, i have different 2, 3, 4th gears than anybody else unless they too have the Fuel Saver package.

I can spin less rpm per mph, so i would accelerate slower given equal weight and power, but my top speed is at least 10% faster.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
There can be more than one correct answer. Each car will be slightly different on how it's tuned. Most cars limit on the RPM's and if your car is in bad condition, it's not gonna go too fast. I know in my automatic I find it topped out at like 160 or 165km/h but I know people that say they've done like 180 or 185km/h

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'd go out and check again but it's raining cats and dogs and the state patrol would frown upon it.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
If you reach top speed quick enough, they won't catch ya... it'd be a fun experiment! LOL!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Maybe after the headwork and turbo just for the thrill of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.