FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about seafoaming, watched the video, and have seen it suggested many times here in the forum. I read about the caveats with older cars. My car is a 99...but...it only has 67,000 miles on it. So is it safe to seafoam???

Also, I saw unanswered questions regarding the smoke coming from the engine compartment afterwards and not just from the tailpipe. They wanted to know if they had a leak somewhere. Did they?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seafoam is a very good idea, but it is not a fix. More for preventive maintenance to keep your engines internals cleaned up. In the long run it helps a great deal, I have a 2nd gen that has almost 230k on it and still runs like a champ, kept up on all the basic service, and kept the engine cleaned inside (seafoam) and out (toothbrush & engine degreaser), no leaks and no major repairs.
Just make sure you do it right before an oil change so it will dump out properly. Not everything will get burned out of the exhaust, just most of it. Oh, and the smoke from the engine, yes, unless he spilled any on the outside. Probably leaking out a gasket, and that really sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.