FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you, like me, are tired of recieving calls from those pesky unwanted telemarketers, then go to this site and register. It's easy, free, and there will be less interruptions during dinner-time!

NOTE: This only applies to people in the USA, you foreign people are outta luck! :wink:

Just thought I'd let you all know of this.

·
Registered
15,392 Posts
That webpage is getting like a thousand hits per second. Will try next week when I can actually get through.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My state has this no call thing where you call them and say you want to be on the list, then any company who calls you with telephone solicitors can get fined... I couldn't get on the site. It's probably the same thing. But if telemarketers call you, you have to write down who they are and send it somewhere for them to get fined... hum...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, there are 26 (I believe) states in total that have their own "Do Not Call" list, some of them actually give their list to the gov't to use as well, but some don't, so it won't hurt to register on donotcall.gov as well.

The reason they're getting so many hits now is because the site was just mentioned on Fox News, so of course everybody that saw the article is now calling.

·
Registered
911 Posts
in no way am i trying to be offensive or nething so dont take me wrong..

but rellimpk it would be really funny if u photoshopped an image of ur car and replaced the baby in ur avatar w/ a mini pic of ur car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Oops, a dubble post, oh well, andyways when they call just say that it's a student house, they will say, oh, oh ok I will take you off my list, good bye, I just had on call like 5 min's ago and I said that, well I am a student and she said ok and hung up.

JustinGT :twisted:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've also heard around that if a telemarketer calls you, you can ask them to take you off of their list. Then if they call again, ask to speak to a supervisor or something and say "I already asked you to take me off your call list, this is illegal" and they're, according to what I heard, supposed to give you $500. Or something like that. Dunno if that's an "old wives' tale" or not. meh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts