FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have read in here that you can set your timing up a bit but I can't remember how much it is...I have heard that you get a lil more power on the top end and increased torque, but my question is how many marks"Degrees" is it off set...I am just curious cause I wouldnt mind that lil extra bump..

·
Registered
710 Posts
Provided that your motor is in good shape...you can safely go to 16 degrees advanced ignition timing on pump gas. Any higher will require octane enhancers. For more info, use the search feature which will show you many relevant posts on the subject.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes there have been many a post dealing with this topic on this site. Anyway, I really wouldn't call just bumping your timing up a few degrees an upgrade. Checking your timing should be part of any tune-up you do. Also what works for one car might not work well for another. You need to adjust you timing one degree at a time and make a few runs at a drag strip or a dyno to find out what your best setting is. I have defined ignition timing and what it does a few time on this site, so look around, I'm sur you will find some great info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.