FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to change/alter ignition advance on the 1.9 sohc? I think it needs MORE.

Thanks,

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it just stands to reason that the stock timing curve is designed for stock engines/loads/emissions, etc.

If you free up the intake (bigger MAF/TB)
Free up the exhaust (header/2.5/dual outs)
play with the cam timing....

You might need some more lead/base timing. The DOHC boys get all the thrills, I was hoping to join in.

Where would I find the "octane wire"?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, it just stands to reason that the stock timing curve is designed for stock engines/loads/emissions, etc.

You might need some more lead/base timing. The DOHC boys get all the thrills, I was hoping to join in.

Where would I find the "octane wire"?
I've the same question on my ZX2--'m running regular and NEVER HEAR A PING!! i GUESS that my engine is way retarded! moving the crank sensor sounds good! since I'm not into the software~~

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
On the second generation cars, there is an "Octane plug" hidden in the lower right of the console. If you remove the plug, the timing is retarded (yes, I know that's a hurting word) slightly.

Search "Octane Plug", and here's my nattering on the subject from a while ago in a thread (read from post #17 onward):

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts

maf, tb, header and exhaust wont make a bit of difference on any requirement for timing, not on a 119CID engine.. the advance comes in pretty fast on the EDIS system. cant remember for sure but i think its 34*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts