FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The timing cover bolt is stripped. It keeps on turning and won't come off. I want to remove the cover and inspect the timing belt. Any suggestions of removing the bolt?

·
Registered
508 Posts
ok you said it keeps turning and wont come off, do you mean the wrench is turning, and the bolt wont come off, or the bolt and wrench is turning and it wont come out? if it wont come out. if you have enough room, slide a pair of piliers behind the bolt and pry slightly while turning, if you dont have room, try pulling with you fingers. Now if you mean the head of the bolt is stripped, try taking the next size smaller metric socket, and hammer it on there, that trick has worked before, if not try visescrips, no luck there? weld a 1/2 nut on there and use a breaker bar, if it breaks off in your block, you will have to use a chisel to turn it, if that dont work, drill a small hole about 1/2 inch in the bolt, insert a bolt a little smaller then the hole, weld that in place, if you stil cant budge it, get a big iron pipe and try to turn it, if you still cant, try to heat it with a torch, if you still dont have any luck if its near the bottom, put a wrench on it, then put a bottle jack under it, and jack the wrench up, if THAT dont work, your sol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the wrench is turning with the bolt and with the stud and won't come off. It just keeps on turning. There is not enough room on the back of the nut to put a pry back on the back, plus I think I might crack the cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts