FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Beaverboy said:
You don't have to replace it... but it is buried behind the timing belt.. so you might as well replace it while the timing belt is off.
:( I wish I'd thought of that - had timing belt changed a year ago and with the amount of mileage I do, it'll be about 50 years before it's changed again. :?

·
Registered
911 Posts
ok, from what i've experienced..the waterpump last just about as long as the timing belt. Also, if ur belt snaps, it tends to damage the water pump as well. Basically, if u have a problem with the timing belt then the water pump is usually advertantly affected. THey are like 40 bucksso u might as well do it too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree, while you don't have to replace it with the timing belt, it is a good move since you're already at it. Alot of dealerships will suggest it because chances are it will go out before your next belt change if you are at or over 100k and it hasn't already been changed.

·
Registered
710 Posts
James92Scort said:
maybe, maybe not 92. when my belt snapped my water pump was fine. But it's always worthwhile to check to be 100% sure. i guess i just got lucky there...i doubt the shop that did the work checked to be sure. :evil:
With as much $ as the shop charged you to fix it, it's a wonder they didn't claim the pump was damaged as well and charge you even more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.