FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like the best of both...the most durable of each.

I believe that you all had suggested the Gates "blue" to me in the past.

What is the most durable water pump and timing belts out there in your opinions?

Thanks!

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fast_five_oh said:
me personally i get stuff that has a lifttime warranty..or at least a few years...

timing belts im not sure...
Makes sense, I am wondering if there is some uber cool heavy duty bla bla bla water pump out there.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
A quality pump will be all you need. The 1.8L seems to do just fine in the cooling department IMO. If you want better cooling efficiency, clean the radiator, in most cars there is more crap in there then you would believe!

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. I am looking for reliability not speed.

I want to make sure that I don't break down in the middle of southeast DC in the middle of the night when I am headed to work.

My nightly commute is 144 miles round trip. No I am not switching jobs or moving closer. I know exactly what I am doing.

I don't drive it hard either. I just have alot of faith in the BP platform. I want to avoid failures for as long as possible and if it costs a few more bucks, sure I will spend it.

· Registered
323 Posts
jj93egt said:

I want to make sure that I don't break down in the middle of southeast DC in the middle of the night when I am headed to work.

My nightly commute is 144 miles round trip. No I am not switching jobs or moving closer. I know exactly what I am doing.

I don't drive it hard either. I just have alot of faith in the BP platform. I want to avoid failures for as long as possible and if it costs a few more bucks, sure I will spend it.
in that case dont go to autozone....their parts suck...

go to a local parts store..usually they give the option of the cheaper one..or the more expensive...get the best one you can...

an the bp motors do seem to be strong engines...

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fast_five_oh said:
jj93egt said:

in that case dont go to autozone....their parts suck...

go to a local parts store..usually they give the option of the cheaper one..or the more expensive...get the best one you can...

an the bp motors do seem to be strong engines...
Thanks for your thoughts! I bought this for that reason alone. I had a B8 equipped SOHC protege. I could not kill that thing. I donated it to someone less fortunate years later and it still ran!

I wanted something pretty that I can drive every day that is still simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.