FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok while I am driving I can hear a ticking sound coming from the passenger side wheelwell. As I go faster it gets faster and vice versa. I suppose I should jack it up and spin the wheel to get an idea where it is coming from but would you guys have any ideas? I just hope it isn't a CV or something. As far as I can tell the boots are good....Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I'm sure this is the same problem I posted about. PimpScort thinks it's the CV joints. I'm completely redoing the suspension. I want to replace everything with brand new stuff. CVs, tie rods, (i got KYB struts and springs), control arms, every bushing known to man, the halfshafts, etc etc 8O

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
bpletch1 said:
ticking = screw/nail/other foreign object in tire (get ready to mount your spare!)
clicking = bad CVB joint
Someone really should publish a dictionary of noises for car problems - he/she would make a fortune!! :lol:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I didn't see what type of car you had. If you've got the later GT wheels, the 7 spokes, check the plastic wheel center cover. I had the same sound and took it to the shop to have the CV joint(s) replaced, they said the joints were fine (rather than screwing me out of $$$). The problem was that the plastic wheel cover was loose and anytime the wheel turned, it would click. The solution is to wrap a piece of wire around the inside of the plastic clips, then reinstall. Problem goes away. I hope your problem is as simple as this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts